Master of Arts in Marriage and Family Therapy
The Master of Arts in Marriage and Family Therapy combines relevant courses in marriage and family therapy, psychology, sociology and theology to provide professional clinical training for students seeking licensure as Marriage and Family Therapist in Florida.
THIS PROGRAM IS OFFERED IN:
Upon completion of the program, students are going to be able to:
- Use methods of psychological nature to evaluate, assess, diagnose, treat, and prevent emotional and mental disorders or dysfunctions.
- Apply marriage and family therapy, and different methods of psychotherapy.
- Offer counseling, behavior modification, consultation, client-centered advocacy, crisis intervention, and the provision of needed information and education to clients.
- Include clinical research into more effective psychotherapeutic modalities for the treatment and prevention of cognitive, affective, or behavioral conditions.
– Enrollment Agreement filled and signed.
– Bachelor degree in Counseling or in related areas of study.
– Diplomas of previous studies.
– Official Transcripts of previous studies.
– Copy of official identification.
– Debit Authorization (if desired).
– A passport type photo.
– Pastoral Ordination if it were the case.
Total de Creditos: 40
- Lectures 18
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 50 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes
MARRIAGE AND FAMILY THERAPY
Total Credits 40
- MF6001 Dynamics of Marriage and Family Systems 3
- MF6002 Marriage Therapy and Counseling Theory and Techniques 3
- MF6003 Family Therapy and Counseling Theory and Techniques 3
- MF6004 Individual Human Development Theories Throughout The Life Cycle 3
- MF6005 Personality Theory 3
- MF6006 Psychopathology 3
- MF6007 Human Sexuality Theory 3
- MF6008 Psychosocial Theory 3
- MF6009 Substance Abuse Theory and Counseling Techniques 3
- MF6010 Legal, Ethical and Professional Standards in Marriage and Family Therapy 3
- MF6011 Diagnosis, Appraisal, Assessment, and Testing for Individual 3
- MF6012 Behavior Research in Clinical Practice 3
- MF6013 Practicum (180 hours) 4
Total Credits 27