Doctor of Philosophy in Clinical Counseling
The Ph.D. Program in Clinical Counseling is dedicated to the preparation of counselors who facilitate the optimal development of individuals, groups, and organizations that are culturally relevant and psychologically appropriate across the lifespan. Our students are taught to use strategies of prevention, intervention, and remediation to assist others in developing effective coping skills and responses to their environments.
THIS PROGRAM IS OFFERED IN:
The students will be able to:
- Consult, advice, or deliberate with patients.
- Help patients understand their problems, including problems at home, workplace or community.
- Help identify the strengths and resources of the patient that they can use to manage their unique problems.
- Help people solve problems in a variety of settings, quickly adapting scenarios that may arise when bringing people together.
- Possess an innate ability to make people feel comfortable and create an intuitive environment to open up and solve problems.
- Enrollment Agreement filled and signed.
- Diplomas of previous studies.
- Official Transcripts of previous studies.
- Copy of official identification.
- Debit Authorization (if desired).
- A passport type photo.
- Pastoral Ordination if it were the case.
- Master degree in Clinical Counseling or in a related area of study.
Total Credits: 90
- Lectures 23
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 50 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language Portuguese
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes
CLINICAL COUNSELING COURSES
Total Credits 51
- CC7434 Abortion Counseling 3
- CC7517 Counseling for Families of Children with Disabilities & Disorders 3
- CC7524 Federal and State Law and Counseling/Social Work – Part II 3
- CC7534 Counseling for Sexual Disorders 3
- CC7565 Modern Psychotherapies 3
- CC7569 Marriage Therapy 3
- CC7580 Behavioral Research 3
- CC7589 Counseling the Sexually Abused 3
- CC7614 Counseling for Juvenile Delinquency 3
- CC8574 Theological Dimensions of Christian Counseling 3
- CC8615 Teen Suicide 3
- CH7037 Assessment for Excellence 3
- CH8043 Spiritual Intelligence 3
- PS8307 Disorders: Stress, Phobias, Neurosis, Anxiety, Suicide, Alzheimer’s Disease 3
- PS8310 Developmental Psychology 3
- PS8446 Child and Adolescent Psychopathology 3
- SW8208 Social Planning 3
RESEARCH AND PRACTICUM COURSES
Total Credits 30